Sunday, September 24, 2006

Mid Course Stress-out

This is going to be a long, hard week. I’m nearing mid-point in this class cycle so I’ll be doing some reviews and a special project for my Air Traffic Control students. It’s Sunday and I’m trying to come up with a good project for the English class. The one I did for the last cycle at this point didn’t go as well as I’d like, so I’m trying to come up with some alternatives.

I’ll also be teaching an extra day this week. I have some business issues back in the States so I have to return for a week the first week of October. After a lot of talk between the officials with the Departmento de Aviacion Civil (DAC) here in Guayaquil, and Justin in Quito, we’ve decided to give the students a week’s break from classes while I’m gone. We’ll make up the missing days by doing some Friday classes. The first extra class will be this week. So now I get to adjust my class plan to take in the change of dates.

I am looking forward for a week in the States. I haven’t stepped on US soil since March. It’ll be good to speak English again outside the classroom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home