Thursday, March 30, 2006

Very Funny

This tale begins the afternoon of Tuesday. I'm suddenly not feeling good. Head stomach, oh God this could get bad. Better not eat or I might have disastrous results.

One of my classes is to fill in for Matt who's begging off to see his glorious Arsenal Gunners side play Juventus in Champions League action. Both of the darlings fail to show so I wooze around the school feeling worse and worse.

Next a message gets to me from Annamaria. My 5:30 student is canceling. More time to laze around moaning.

Comes almost time for my 6:30 and I rush to the bathroom. For the next few minutes I am violently ill, expelling a vast amount of greyish liquid. Finally, I do my best to clean myself up, come out of the bathroom and there is my student, looking a bit perplexed at the sounds that must have been eminating from the bathroom.

Well, the class goes on. My student leaves and I immediately rush to the bathroom for a repeat performance of my earlier struggle to keep my insides from completely coming out. After I'm done I stagger out of the bathroom and sit heavily at the teacher's computer. Jody comes around and asks "was that YOU there in the bathroom? My God." My God is right.

I wait for Lisa. Justin comes by and gives me advice on Ecuadorian Doctors. Thebn on Lisa's arrival I ssslllooooowwwly walk to the corner, stopping once to again heave my empty guts into some convenient grass. We splurge on a taxi and I end up right in bed. Lisa busies about to set a bucket on the floor next to my side of the bed.

In the morning I can barely sit up and Lisa offers to take my 7:30 am class for me. Oh thank you Lisa!!!

I finally raise myself from the dead about 10:30. I'm weak as a newborn kitten but the bad stuff has passed. I still keep myself on a light diet, afraid that anything heavy or greasy would set me off on paths I did not want to go. I finally feel good enough to go to work, so off to school I go.

In the afternoon I again need to visit the bathroom, although for more normal reasons. The door is open so I merely grasp the side of the door to close it. Ready to leave I find...

No door knob.

There is no door knob on the door and I can't open it.

So I'm pounding on the door... anyone there, anyone there?

Finally I hear my wife's voice... "How did you do that?"

Lots of giggles, two screwdrivers and ten minutes later I am released from the bathroom amongst cheers and general applause.

Justin had said the door knob would be replaced when someone was locked inside the bathroom.

Good call, Justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home